The year has nearly come to an ending (yes, there are still a couple more days for 2016 to officially make an entrance, but let’s be honest, we are going to be drunk for most of it!) and what better way to say goodbye to this financial quarter, than by predicting what happens next.
Financial gurus from across the globe are at their most intellectualist best this time of the year and corporations are stepping up their game to make balance sheets look good before the Financial Year 2015-2016 comes to a close in April of next year.
So let’s put in our own two-cents and try and become stock psychics and see what’s in store for the brand new year ahead of us:
- Maybe it’s the way the world works, but those companies that have done well this past year – Facebook, Apple, Google and other trendsetters look like they are going to continue having an upward trend. In the case of product-based companies like Apple, they would need to step up their game a bit to keep buyers interested, maybe by launching new products, apart from the beloved iPhone models doing the rounds.
- 2016 is going to be the year of elections – a new face in the White House that brings about new policies, plans and a Cabinet. It is quite tricky to determine right now about who is going to make it, but looking at the way things are going, it seems to be swinging towards the Republican side. Nonetheless, with a new administration in place, markets will get a little volatile by the second half of the year, so keep a keen eye at the polls and place safe bets for 2016.
- There were a lot of “celebrity” babies born this year, but the financial world couldn’t care less about them, until it was Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, who along with announcing the birth of Max also declared that he plans on giving away 99% of the social media’s earnings for philanthropic and charitable causes. This has resulted in share prices surging over 30% and if things continue to go the way they are, then investing in Facebook seems like an obvious good idea.
- If you are a fan of the franchise (of course you are!), then the money that Star Wars: The Force Awakens raked in for new producers, Disney smashed through all box office records ($1 billion in 2 weeks) and with the lineup of flicks for 2016, it might be a good idea to invest in anything related to movies. Or superheroes. Or a galaxy far, far away.
- At this point in time with a 50-50% chance that markets will either soar or stay stagnant, it would be a good idea to go for a mix in stocks and more long-term investments. Remember, the new President will be sitting on his throne for the next four years, so depending on what the results are, they are going to be established for the long haul.
Note: These are suggestions and predictions and should not be taken at face value. Please consult with an expert or specialist in the financial field for stock forecasts and appropriate investing methods for you.
For the A-Z predictions for 2016 when it comes to the financial sector, CLICK HERE.