As the word has it, Tech is the sector to watch in 2016 for initial public offerings. 2015, unfortunately, was but dismay for some in IPOs. On the contrary, 2016 began with the news of two tech companies Nutanix and SecureWorks going for public offerings.
Corporate software companies are expected to be going public. As the Chinese forex reserves fall significantly at the start of the year 2016, stock market equilibrium has been on a fast track. Companies wishing to secure themselves from any economic upheavals need to go for IPOs as the last resort.
The list of ten most important companies expected to go for IPOs this year is as follows.Most of them have generated the mark of $100 million in 2015.
1. AppDynamics: Founded in 2008 made more than $100 million in its last fiscal year. The company is almost set to go public this year according to a company’s source.
2. Cloudera, founded in 2008 earned the revenue of more than $150 million in 2015, according to a person who knew.
3. DocuSign is a software company which manages few businesses services as well. DocuSign covered the $100 million mark being at the top position.
4. Medallia, a software making business raised more than $250 million since its founding in 2001. Medalliaalso generated more than $100 million in revenue in 2015.
5. Plex Systems, also a software making company raised more than $80 million in financing since its founding in 1995. The company’s current valuation is said to be more than $500 million.
6. Pluralsight according to a source is planning to go public in 2016. It has also bee said that The Company raised $163 million in venture funding. Out of that, $135 million came in August 2014 at a $1 billion valuation.
7. PointClickCare, a Canadian health-care software provider, founded in 1995, already filed in September for IPO in the U.S.A.It is planning to do the same in Canada.
8. SoFi, an online lending marketplace, has above $100 million in revenue from 2015 and has been going in profit since last two years. Says the CEO.
9. Squarespace is a website building and hosting service company founded in 2004. Its CEO said 2015 revenue crossed $100 million. Squarespace’s valuation is more than $1 billion.
10. SoulCycle boasts of 300,000 customers in U.S.A while the company expects to raise $100 million through IPOs. It had already filed for it in July last year.
There are some other important names of companies that are expected to go public in 2016. These include Tenable Network Security, Tanium, Qualtrix, MarkLogic, Univisions, Albertsons, Dropbox, Pinterest, Snapchat, Palantir, Uber and Airbnb. But to see how many of these finally follow the suit we only have to wait and watch.